Monday, April 6, 2009

Cumpleaños en Provincia

This weekend, Javi, Flor, and I took a 2 hour bus ride to a birthday party northeast of the city to a small town in the province call San Martin Coronado. Quiet, modest, retro. 


The birthday was of the boyfriend of a friend of Javi's named Santi. He and his musician friends jammed on blues and funk rhythms all night and drank Fernet Cola. They built a fire to keep warm (it's officially autumn in Argentina) and I played the bongos. 

This was in the backyard of Santi's family's house:

                                                 

Now, I am neither a pot-smoker, nor a botanist, but this was SEVEN feet tall!! I couldn't help but be impressed. Welcome to South America! 

Here is a video of us singing happy birthday to Santi. I like "Cumple Feliz" with latin rhythm a lot better, don't you??


No comments: