Thursday, May 14, 2009

It's been too long...

I lost my camera, ya'll.

I left it in a cabinet in our lodge in Mendoza. When we called to ask if the cleaning ladies* had picked it up, the response was not surprisingly, "we have no idea what you are talking about." As Javi says, this is Latin America's version of "the free market." 

*karmic disclaimer: I'm not accusing the cleaning ladies, but I do know that my camera is somehow in the hands of somebody related to the establishment...

It's been a tough couple weeks. We are about at the halfway point in the semester, and my classes are getting real. I was ambitious with my academic choices here and I'm getting to a point where I just pray I pass the semester. It would be a big shot at my parents' wallet if I am unable to receive any credit for this semester because I thought I was more capable than I am. I've been studying harder and spend nearly three hours a week with various tutors. I hope I can get myself together, it's been pretty stressful. 

I've actually got an exam in an hour, I should probably go finish my review :) 

No comments: