Tuesday, July 28, 2009

BRAZIL!!!!

I spent last week, essentially on "winter break" in Rio de Janeiro. 

Having spent such a great deal of time in Buenos Aires, it was really nice to see not only another city in Latin America, but another culture. Brazilian culture and Argentine culture are very distinct, the common ground being...well, they both love soccer! 

The language is different, the history is different, the music, the attitudes, the collective experience. 
It was a blast. I think if I would have liked studying in Brazil. If music and dance is the representation of a culture, I lean Brazilian. Samba just...has the OOMPH that I can't seem to find in Tango. I don't know, maybe I haven't given it a chance. But hot damn, I like Samba! 

My camera cord is currently in Colorado, so I can't upload the photos or video I took, but I'll get them up as soon as I can! 

And more reflections to follow....


No comments: