Tuesday, August 18, 2009

expat friends!


This is Jessica and I on my birthday at a bar in Caballito. She and I have become tight after we met each other on a Couch Surfer's expedition to Tigre. (I wrote a blog on that a few months ago). She is from Atlanta and her family moved to Montana where they have a ranch and she rides horsies and such. She teaches me yoga sometimes, we drink lots of mate, go out dancing, listen to music and chat A LOT.  Our life philosophies complement each other, and it's amazing having her around. We appreciate many of the same things about the city and have a lot of authentic experiences in spite of the fact that we are both American (meeting musicians at La Peña, dancing with drummers in San Telmo, wing-woman adventures in bars) I like that she isn't a study abroad student, but has already graduated college and is teaching English at various institutions here in Buenos Aires. She has a different perspective and it's awesome. Plus she's a vegan in this city inundated with meat and cheese, and I've learned a lot from her about creativity, discipline, and integrity.
 
We also have the most hilarious spanglish text messages of all time. 


1 comment:

el ojo con dientes said...

Disculpa pero no encontré tu mail de contacto. Te molesto por lo siguiente, ¿me podrías enviar fotos de Boulder tu ciudad: el anfiteatro, el ayuntamiento, las casas. Te lo agradecería muchísimo y disculpa haber interrumpido en tu blog. Gracias
elojocondientes@gmail.com