Friday, September 4, 2009

Music!

So, I've been exposed to a few different styles of music out here. Between the Brazil trip, my friends from La Peña, and the nights at the Boliches, it's been diverse. So here are just a few highlights what I've heard out here that will stick with me. 

Samba/Brazilian: 
Sergio Mendes, Magdalehna

Argentine National Rock
Bersuit Vergarabat, Argentinidad al Palo

Reggaeton/Boliche music
Makano, Te Amo
Daddy Yankee, Llamado de Emergencia

Folkloric Music
(this is the Chacarera, a gaucho dance)

Argentine Reggae
Los Pericos, Parate y Mira

Chill music I listen to at home
Jorge Drexler, Sea
Emmanuel Horvilleur, Llamame

Tango 
(the young people love the electronic stuff)
Orquestra Típica Afronte, Chique (A local live act that plays every week)

Transcends language/country/genre
Manu Chau, Me Gustas Tu



ENJOY!!!!






No comments: